Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's My Life Website




I found a questionnaire on the website, I thought that it was really cute and funny. Here is an exerpt.

What would be the most embarrassing for your crush to find in your house?

Your diary?
Your old Barbie car?
Your Elmo blanket that you sleep with every night?

Content


It's My Life Website by PBS is a website designed for kids and teens. It covers a plethora of topics and subjects and offers insightful advice on subjects such as alcohol abuse, eating disorders, celebrity drug abuse as well as issues related to puberty and dating.
There is a lot of helpful information and advice for teens about school, friends, family, emotions, body image and money. The site also includes educational and interactive games aimed at teaching teens about these topics.

Comments

A teenager that I know recommended this site to me, she told me that she is "obsessed with it". When I explored it for myself, I couldn't help but think that this was a super positive thing to be obsessed with. The insightful advice offered by teen 'mentors' is written in an intelligent manner, in a way that teens can relate to.
This website also allows teens to share their stories on various topics. In the school section of the website, there is an embarassing moments page. Teens have written in to share their most embarassing moments at school. Here is a snippet:

"At lunch in school my boyfriend started kissing me and my teacher was right there!!�
--No name, 13

While this is cute to me, I image that many teenagers can relate to this situation and also find the comedy in it.
I would highly recommend any teenager explore this site. It offers seriousness, hilarity and also some silliness. It's Great!

Age Range - 10-16

Ranking





No comments:

Post a Comment